Last updated on November 30th, 2022 at 04:20 pm
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)- Introduction
- What is AI(Artificial Intelligence)?
- Impact of AI(Artificial Intelligence)
- Other areas where AI(Artificial Intelligence) is being implemented.
Artificial Intelligence (AI), an understanding - Asking Alexa to play your favourite song or Siri and Google Assistant telling you the time, self-driving and parking cars, robots, disease diagnosis software and many more - all have AI(Artificial Intelligence) embedded in them.
Technology has changed society and digitization is challenging the way we live and there's no denying the fact that in the near future machines would make our lives ten times more convenient to what they do today.
What is AI?
Artificial Intelligence(AI), as the name suggests, is putting intelligence in machines. AI is nothing but the technology that can see and interpret the world the way we humans do. One can easily relate to some science fiction Hollywood movie where robots have taken over the world and enslaved us.
Impact of Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Impact - Realize it or not, AI is all around us. When we open our Facebook newsfeed, search for a product online on e-commerce giants like Amazon or Flipkart, pay electricity bills online and whatnot, AI is lurking in the background.
- ROBOTICS - Imagine yourself to be present in two different parts of the world at the same time - it will no longer be an imagination soon where robots will replace humans for many jobs, just as innovative farming types of equipment replaced oxen in the Agri industry. A much known humanoid robot called SOPHIA is an incredible social learning robot where she can efficiently communicate with you and use facial expressions to convey human-like emotions.
Sophia has even accepted citizenship from Saudi Arabia and has become a media celebrity over the past few years.
- Health Care - Artificial Intelligence (AI) is proving to be a game-changer in healthcare. AI-enabled virtual assistants are reducing unnecessary hospital visits. Using AI, healthcare can be brought efficiently to underdeveloped nations. AI-powered machines for disease detection, diagnosis, treatment and management process are being used at large.
- Self-Driving Cars - AI, no doubt is driving the future of the self-driving car industry where such Artificial Intelligence (AI)-enabled cars are loaded with sensors that capture thousands of data points every millisecond like car speed, road conditions, pedestrian position with respect to the car, traffic etc and make decisions accordingly and all these happen with the blink of an eye.
- Travel and Transportation - It includes the virtual travel assistant to book a holiday online. AI-powered chatbots are rapidly changing the travel industry.
Other areas where Artificial Intelligence (AI) is being implemented -
- GOOGLE: SMART MAPS
- SOCIAL MEDIA (e.g IMAGE RECOGNITION breakthroughs)